Visual Effects Animation 2020
Week 1- Animated gif in Photoshop
Tutorial: Creating a Gif using Photoshop
This is a quick overview of the stuff we covered in class. Photoshop animation layers, roto setups etc…
Example Gif Images:
Tutorial: Very quick overview examples of rotoscoping.
Rotoscope Breakdown Outcome
3d Plane compositing
Images: Images of note:
Tutorial: Matte Painting Example:
Links of Note:
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/04/12/10-rules-of-photo-composition-and-why-they-work/ This is a link to some composition theory. It is a comprehensive enough breakdown of techniques. You should consider these when creating shots for film at all times.
Inspiration and Advice:
(Preparation for Planes Example):
- Create thumbnails of various ideas for a Matte painting. You should base the outcome on either of the two themes provided.
- Produce a larger more in depth version of one or two of these Matte ideas.
- Breakdown of the elements needed to produce the matte painting.
- Plan on how each of these elements will be created or sourced.
- Plan for the camera movement in the scene.
- Gather as many of these resources as possible.
- This is essentially a 1 panel storyboard for a shot.
Tutorial- Recap on what was demonstrated in class last week:
Link to 3d Planes Archive:
Green Screen tutorial:
Green Screening Advanced Tutorial:
Projection mapping maya or After Effects
Tutorial: Projection Mapping in Maya:
Tutorial: Texture Baking in Maya:
The last phase.... Examples...
2d in a 3d world:
3d in real world:
2d in Real World:
LUTs and Jean Claude Van Damme
Jean Claude Van Damme Gree Screen Stuff:
LUTs presets available here:
Scene in a class
Hand Shot Available here:
Long Shot Available Here:
Tutorial on putting it all together here: