Visual Effects Animation
Week1- Introduction to Course and Animated Gifs
Creating a Blog on Blackboard
I’ll put up a tutorial on this ASAP.
Tutorial: Creating a Gif using Photoshop
This is a quick overview of the stuff we covered in class. Photoshop animation layers, roto setups etc…
Example Gif Images:
Image from Tutorial in class.
Setting up a Blog on Blackboard:
Example: Waking Life:
Example: Thought of You:
Week4- 3d Layering in After Effects and Photoshop
Tutorial- Recap on what was demonstrated in class.
Link to 3d Planes Archive:
Images: Images of note:
Tutorial: Matte Painting Example:
Links of Note:
http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/04/12/10-rules-of-photo-composition-and-why-they-work/ This is a link to some composition theory. It is a comprehensive enough breakdown of techniques. You should consider these when creating shots for film at all times.
Inspiration and Advice:
Where to Start:
- Create thumbnails of various ideas for a Matte painting. You should base the outcome on either of the two themes provided.
- Produce a larger more in depth version of one or two of these Matte ideas.
- Breakdown of the elements needed to produce the matte painting.
- Plan on how each of these elements will be created or sourced.
- Plan for the camera movement in the scene.
- Gather as many of these resources as possible.
Week6- Projection Mapping
Tutorial: projection Mapping in After Effects and Photoshop
Green Screen Dude for Turoial Available here